Friday, July 13, 2012

Nipple Piercing & Breast Feeding


One of my friends totally shocked me this week by going to get her nipples pierced! She isn't some hardcore body modification nut, she only has her ears pierced and she has never even expressed even the remotest interest in nipple piercing or any other piercing. In fact the odd time the topic has come up she seems to be a bit uncomfortable or grossed out, so it was definitely something of a shock when she came over all excited and whipped open her shirt to show me!!

Nipple piercing isn't something I have considered myself, despite my other body piercings, so I was really interested in how it went. She told me that as long ass there are no complications they would heal up in 2 to 4 months. That seems like a really long time, but I guess it isn't really. The piercer did warn that some people find it is about 18 months before they heal properly.

The piercer did mention something interesting to her afterwards. I guess they were talking about if they had kids and stuff and my friend said no but she would like some in future. The piercer suddenly said, “well you can still breastfeed.” She thought it strange at the time, but talking about it we agreed that it is actually something you probably never think about when getting a nipple piercing, but once we did we kind of leaned towards thinking you wouldn't be able to! So we looked up some information and so long as it's done properly and the milk ducts are not damaged you can easily breast feed although you do need to take the jewellery out obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment