Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Girl Proof Auditing


I'm about to lose all my credentials as an independent woman.. but when it comes to complicated computer software I lose all rational thought and become a total girl! If its more complicated than email then I need detailed instructions on what exactly it is that I am doing! This makes my job challenging to say the least. I am responsible for carrying out the audits in our workplace and that means dealing with multi sheet excel workbooks and spreadsheets. I am usually tearing my hair out when it comes to entering the information and making sure the right pages are shared to the right departments. When my boss utters those two terrifying words 'internal audit' it doesn't take long for me to break out in a cold sweat and start hyperventilating! Okay, so I am being over dramatic. I'm not THAT hopeless, but it is challenging for someone like me who when it comes to computer trickery reverts to a giggling and awkward schoolgirl.

My boss took pity on me this week. He called me into the office and I just knew it was that time again. However, he uttered one little sentence which made me want to leap on that man and just squeeze him until he popped! Now you might be wondering what did he say? Did he offer me a 30% raise? Did he tell me it was now acceptable to claim for shoes on my expenses? Offer me 3 extra weeks paid vacation? Nope! Nothing like that, but how awesome would that have been? What he actually said was... “Claire, how about we try out some automatic auditing software?”

So this time next week when the internal audit rolls around, I will not be wearing a rather snazzy hat because I have ripped my hair out. I will be chilled out,I will be relaxed and I will be an audit ninja. Well, assuming I can learn how to work the program....


No comments:

Post a Comment